Monday, April 20, 2009

Internet Radio is Tuned In!

I remember the old days... using my browser to find radio stations on the Internet.

But now, there are Wi-Fi Internet Radio devices that use your wireless router to bring you crystal clear radio... and it works well!

I tried a device over the weekend. It was a simple set-up to type in the passphrase for my router, and soon it was searching for stations.

The amazing part is that it has radio stations in its database from all around the world... and from every state in the US. So if you want to listen to stations in Oklahoma,Montana or Florida - you can! It's got AM and FM radio stations, as well as INTERNET RADIO STATIONS.

The only drawback to the one I have is that you must hook it up to speakers, or the AUX input on a radio or home theater system. But NO COMPUTER is needed... at all!

If you remember being able to tune in a Chicago AM radio station at night from Philadelphia, you're gonna love this!

1 comment:

krishna kashyap av said...

This is really cool..
I never knew about this.
Thanks for the information..
Domain registration india