Monday, April 12, 2010

My new Linksys router!

Well, the time has come to let my old wireless router go... after almost a year of weekly "resets", I decided to go take a look at something NEW!

I am partial to Linksys routers, so I didn't bother to look at other brands. But in the Linksys section, I came across another "flavor" of router from Linksys' parent company Cisco.

Behold the Valet, a wireless router for those technically deficient. The idea is to make it simple for anyone to have secure wireless routing in the home.

You do pay more for the convenience, as a comparable Linksys router costs less but requires more work from the users.

I went for the Linksys E2000 wireless router because I want to have more control over all of the settings.

So bottom line is: if you don't have a technical bone in your body, you can still get secure wireless internet access.

No comments: