Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why did you install that?

I can't tell you how many emails I receive from those who have installed programs meant to PROTECT their PC's... but instead they wind up with more problems.

These so-called all-in-one, or 5-in-one security programs get so entwined with your registry, you can't do anything. Be careful of those programs that claim they can handle viruses, malware and spyware for one price.

I still recommend the following programs for their ease of use and continued support by their creators.

Avast - anti-virus free home version
Spybot-Search & Destroy - anti-spyware
Ad-aware - anti-spyware

I continue to review a variety of other security programs and will update my recommendations as needed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi friend,
It is correct that some time we install anti spyware software, for the purpose to protect our system from spyware attack but the result is reverse, & we face more problems. It is happen by fake software. Therefore before installation we need to verify those anti spyware program.

===============
Regcure Review

Robert Wisewell said...

I'll bookmark your blog, very interesting content

Robert

Best registry fix